GRAMMY TALK

Please post all Nicki related news and discussion in this forum. We have a ZERO TOLERANCE TROLLING POLICY. We believe in great and open discussion, but we will not tolerate any disrespect about Nicki Minaj. Please read our forum rules located within the General Discussion.
Yaya

GRAMMY TALK

Post by Yaya » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Hey!
Grammy talk is going to start to heat up since the deadline for albums that qualify is coming to an end in September. I really feel that Queen deserves a nomination, but with how things are with the Grammys they try to treat it as if it's the Billboard Awards. Anyways, I think we need to start using the #Grammy or #Grammys hashtag when speaking about Queen or a certain song off the album. Barbie Dreams is a hip hop classic and should be recognized too. If she does not get a nomination, it must be viewed as a snub. Now, when speaking on the album, no immature stuff or mentioning other artist. We want to be taken seriously. Just speak FACTS about the quality of the album. Any Grammy hip hop discussions you see, join in. I really feel like the wave against Nicki is turning. Those on the hate train are starting to be viewed as the bitter ones.

QUEEN IS GOING TO BE GRAMMY NOMINATED!

Quandaminaj

Re: GRAMMY TALK

Post by Quandaminaj » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:11 pm

I agree nicki deserves a Grammy and Queen should definitely h e nominated.

Reddfoxx_1989

Post by Reddfoxx_1989 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:29 pm

This album has something for everyone. Nicki truly out did herself lyrically. She got gritty on songs such as LLC, Hard White. She was playful on Chun Swae. Her party vibes are on Good form. She was emotional on Come See About me. She was slightly mysterious yet vulnerable on Run & Hide. Nicki went into her dance hall roots on Bed and Coco Chanel.
Nicki was definitely multifaceted on this album for sure!

Yaya

Post by Yaya » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:12 pm

I agree! This album showed Nicki's diversity with keeping the the focus on lyrics and flow. I'm not even a fan of singing Nicki, but even those songs really work on this album. Also the production on the songs are great. You can tell time and effort went into this album. The album is fun and has those emotional moments. We have to push for a Grammy nomination. I know people are negative about the Grammy, until someone they hate or like gets a nomination. I have my issues with them but it's still a damn Grammy. I was so hyped when Kendrick won last year. I think people forget that the Grammys are voted on by artist, producers, etc. They get online and whine but they are actually the voters. That is why I laugh. Many of the hip hop artist are too lazy to vote but will whine onine. Nicki is cool with pop artist, so they may vote her in.

Reddfoxx_1989

Post by Reddfoxx_1989 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:42 pm

This album truly is worthy of a grammy! I’m excited about the Queen’s growth as a whole.

SadityBossBarb

Post by SadityBossBarb » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:29 pm

I also agree. The ablum is wonderful!