The coveted yet elusive Grammy Award is one of the most prestigious colleague-recognized awards in the music industry. According to its website, “the Recording Academy represents the voices of performers, songwriters, producers, engineers, and all music professionals.”
If you’re curious about why albums are released at certain times, a lot of it has to do with the Grammy submissions access period. This year’s access period opened during the same week that Queen was released on all platforms. It should come as no surprise that several tracks from the Queen album were submitted along with several notable features. The list of submissions includes the following:
- Queen – Album of The Year/Best Rap Album
- Chun Li – Song of the Year/Best Rap Performance/Video of the Year
- Barbie Dreams – Record of the Year/Best Rap Song
- Bed – Best Pop Duo/Group
- Dark Side of the Moon – Best R&B Song
- Big Bank – Record of the Year/Song of the Year/Best Rap Performance/Best Rap Song
- Goodbye – Best Pop Duo/Group
- Anybody – Best Rap Performance/Best Rap Song
- FeFe – Song of the Year/Record of the Year
- The Way Life Goes (Remix) – Video of the Year
The first round of voting started for these submissions on October 17 and will close on October 31. The final round of voting opens December 13 and closes January 9. According to Digital Music News, the nomination announcement timeline is to be determined.
Let’s wish Nicki Minaj the best of luck on all her submissions. Over the span of her 10-year career she has received 10 Grammy nominations.